Thursday 16 June 2011

NMA- blog 12

This is the last week of my new media art class. This course was one of my most challenging as I struggle with most computer programs. The course was focused on the program Adobe Flash, in the beginning I was completely lost and thought I would never get accustom to Flash. However as I spent many hours working on simple button projects I began to become used to the little specifics that need to be done in order for my projects to run smoothly. I can now build a website that can navigate with buttons back and forth successfully, make photo slide shows, open external links, incorporate videos, add moving effects to images, and include movie clips and animations.  I definitely saw great improvement the more time I spent on the program.  

This is the first time I ever wrote a blog and really became engaged in the online blogging world. Through exploring the internet and different blogs, I find myself returning to a few blogs that entertain me or that are useful and knowledgeable. Postsecret is one of my favourite blogs, the idea of everyone posting anonymous secrets interests me. Seth Godin’s blog is also one that I follow frequently and take advice from. One of my good friends introduced me to him earlier in the semester; he generally focuses on marketing, innovation and business in general, speaking about work life balance often.

I also learnt a lot about the development of technology and how it affects the way we consume and share information. The ability and accessibility of the internet to most of the world allows for us to experience and explore cultures, ideas, news, books, videos and much more. User created content is growing as the devices to upload information grow and become faster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment